Mision El Faro

Mision El Faro

Friday, May 13, 2011

How Big is YOUR Rooster?

Is there a cost to following Jesus? Yes, there is. Of course we can say there is a cost to following Jesus in Muslim countries, etc. but within countries that practice freedom of religion are we able to stand firm in proclaiming Christ as our Savior or do we constantly look over our shoulder and worry about what people will think and what they are saying behind our backs? Even when we're among other christians. Oh yeah, believe it or not. I've seen christains make fun of other christians who proclaim the truth through the way they live, christian t-shirts they wear while NOT at a christian event, or a post on facebook. Sad wouldn't you say? (Is stirring hate in the hearts of people by picketing a funeral Christian? Of course not. Titus 3:2 says to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.) Even Peter denied Christ three times. We don't have to stand in the middle of Chicago during rush hour holding a Bible in our hand shouting the Gospel. Take a look at the little things in life. The everyday choices we make. The way we treat people. Yes. THE WAY WE TREAT PEOPLE. The other day I had to take a really good look at how I treat people. Am I treating people the way I would want to be treated? Am I always focusing on myself and what I want? How's my attitude? Sometimes it can get pretty bad - my imagination has a mind of its own. Wow, I think I was dragging along the biggest Rooster I'd ever seen, denying Christ with my actions. It's time to let the Rooster go.
How big is YOUR Rooster?

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!!

    Matthew 22:37–39
    Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (NKJV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv it! What an awesome post! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete